Monday, June 10, 2013

My PH Factor

11-11-11 Our Wedding Day
One of the reasons I love my husband is because he tickles my funny bone.  Often without even trying.  His delivery of all commentary is droll, understated, sometimes sly, sometimes witty.  He can always make me laugh whenever I ask him a question about anything if his answer includes "I was thinking about you." or "I did if for you." or "I was thinking about love."  Whenever he cops a "for you", an "about you" or a "love" explanation for any assortment of things, I'm putty in his hands.

Like when we're driving along and I burble on and on about the lovely landscaping we're passing and I notice he's staring off into oblivion.  Of course I'm obliged to ask the time-worn question,"Are you listening to me?"  His reply would undoubtedly be, "I'm thinking about love."  When he does things that would seem to fall in the province of "solely for his own pleasure", like putting on the sports caster's play by play analysis of the football game we just watched in the stadium while driving home, he will cajole me with "I did it for you."  It's amazing how easily pacified and full of good will I am when he tells me, in all earnestness but with a twinkle in his eyes, that he did it for me.  It's such a simple device, capable of deflecting any little bubble of annoyance or a rolling of the eyes.  His generally good nature amuses me no end.

When I first told him I was working on a personal blog, his eyes widened with interest, or was it concern.  "Are you going to write about me, " he asked, his voice tinged with more than a wee bit of apprehension.  "Of course," I replied relishing the moment I sensed his brain shifting gears into full blown worry.  I assured him that I would do everything in my power to avoid outright humiliation.  But let's not kid ourselves, if I'm writing this blog to chart the realities of my life, there are bound to be some incidents, events, opinions and stories that do not cast us in the most flattering light and, if one were to be highly sensitive, that could cause some discomfort.

Now he has taken to teasing me that he is going to write his own blog which, I would be willing to bet the house on, will never, ever, ever happen.  He said he's going to call it "My Sunny,  Funny Wife".  While I appreciate the sentiment, whenever I say something that he finds silly, outrageous or just plain ridiculous, he rejoins with, "I'm going to put that in my blog." 

The other day he wanted to know if I would be using his real name in my blog.  I let him sweat that out for more than a few moments.  I said I'd just call him DH "Dear Husband", a common abbreviation. His immediate rejoinder was that he wanted to be known as PH --- "Perfect Husband".  No problem.  I've often called him my secret weapon because of his unwavering support, devotion, and commitment to all things important to me, but for now, I'll be referring to him as my PH.


No comments:

Post a Comment